Biyernes, Marso 9, 2012

Dare to Dair: Dan and Blair endgame for Gossip Girl



I should have been writing about my review on the Iron Lady by Meryl Streep or a piece on Logos Hope, the floating bookfair docked in the pier of Manila. But these past few days I have been looking over videos of Dan and Blair of Gossip Girl in YouTube for hours and guiltily neglecting my writing. Yes, I’m obsessed and what’s their term “shipping” them, meaning rooting for these TV characters to end up together. Dan and Blair should be endgame in Gossip Girl, that’s the DAIR battlecry haha J


The last time I was obsessed with TV couplings was during Dawson’s Creek time when I was way younger :) I loved Joey and Pacey and agonized over their fate. That time, there were no “wars” over the internet over fictional characters, just plain hope that the writers would see through the millions yearning for them to be together. Come to think of it, maybe they received thousands of letters because they eventually relented. Thus, resulting to a Joey and Pacey endgame, Yey!


It's odd and ridiculous even that a thirtysomething woman like me, okay two years to forty (ugh! I'm so embarrassed) one who loves to read selected YA novels, watches the Twilight films, Vampire Diaries, am now totally enamored by these two characters in Gossip Girl, Dan Humphrey and Blair Waldorf. I’m not the usual teenage fan of Gossip Girl, of course I'm ancient but I was initially fascinated by the fiery and complicated relationship of Chuck Bass and Blair Waldorf. But it all changed recently when I watched Dan slip through this show’s romantic radar. A dark horse for Blair’s attention. But actually he has always been there, he’s the good guy who was left unnoticed. And now, his time has come and he has swept Blair off her feet, including me and thousands if not, millions more.


They always talk about how great Penn Badgley and Leighton Meester's chemistry is. I agree. They have it (so why aren't they dating? just joking, but they look like they've been in love forever). Here, they play characters who have opposite personalities that get attracted to one another, the fashion and drama queen of the Upper East Side meets the laidback and unassuming Lonely Brooklyn boy. He was Blair's dependable friend until he got the courage to show his love through a kiss on Valentine's Day. I still remember Blair in a posh red gown asking Dan what will make him happy and he slowly comes near and kisses her. Wow, what a kiss :)


You see every woman wants a Dan Humphrey, one who will stand by her no matter what, a friend to talk to in one's darkest and confusing hours. Like a particular scene between Blair and Dan when she asked him, “What if I lose everything?” to which he replied, “You’ll still have me” J So that’s why I dare to DAIR J


And as someone who has encountered a lot of toads along the romantic highway and found and happily married "the one" and now blessed with a kid with him, I'm happy to reminisce the beginning of true love once again, to remember the hours spent talking to this special person and feeling at home and comfortable with him, even if it's only a glimpse on television. So let DAIR be the endgame please, Gossip Girl writers  :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento