Sabado, Hulyo 11, 2015

Kili: When love is fearless




There are so many changes happening in my life right now and I am overwhelmed. But one thing that distracts me at this time is this image of Kili, the young, thoughtful and adorable dwarf of The Hobbit. It’s funny that I make him my inspiration now because he embodies the recklessness and foolhardiness of expressing his love amidst all the commotion and hindrances that surround him. I like his laughter, his smile, his thoughtfulness. I like that. I like that in a man.

Maybe I now realize that loving someone doesn’t have to be painful, that loving is wonderful if it is mutual, that loving also means putting yourself out there because at that moment, that second, that minute is that moment you have right now. We never know what will happen next. We want someone who can match our own passion, our own commitment, someone who doesn’t holds back.


I have changed a lot but I guess I will always be a romantic. I will always like sweeping and grand gestures of love, of chivalry, of vulnerability and gentleness in a man. No matter how jaded the world had become, these grand gestures of love will always be appreciated. It may not involve luxurious items like gigantic diamond rings or brand new cars but warm handholding and torrid declarations will always be welcome.

In my years on this earth, I realized that the true gauge of one’s love is when you want to make them happy. No matter what. And Kili let go of Tauriel first  because he doesn’t want to intrude in her duties and maybe in her doubtfulness. But time and fate had a hand on it. And even if it was too late. They both knew that they loved each other. Maybe they will be together in another place and time and in that moment, they will have each other and be happy.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento